Bacon Breakfast Scramble Recipe
I love this hearty breakfast recipe. Everything cooks right in the same cast iron skillet which makes for a delicious medley of flavors! It takes a little finesse to get the eggs back on top, so you can either just stir it all up together or cook the eggs in a separate pan if you’re first trying this out and want them to not get lost. Either way this dish is a great way to start the day!
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 lb small red potatoes (6 or 7), cubed
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of cheddar
- seasoning salt, onion & garlic powder and pepper
- heat 1 inch water to boiling. Add potatoes. Cover; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 6 to 8 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
- In skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until crisp and brown. Remove from skillet; drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon.
- Pour potatoes into pan w/ bacon grease, season liberally and fry about 5 minutes until they've browned. Sprinkle in half of the bacon. Push potatoes to the side
- Reduce heat to low. In medium bowl, beat eggs, the season with salt and pepper. Pour in pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Do not stir until egg has set. Lift gently and scramble lightly w/o displacing potatoes.
- Carefully place cooked egg on top of the potatoes. Top with cheese and Sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
- serve once cheese has melted.