Thanksgiving leftovers pot pie recipe
Thanksgiving Fridge Clean out = Turkey Pot pie!
This is a throwback recipe from my early blogging days. 2012 to be exact:
A great way to use the last of the turkey, green beans, gravy and pie crust to make dinner. This was a one pot deal. I boiled the carrots, then sauteed onions with frozen peas & corn in butter. Added in the meat, green beans and the last of the gravy and covered with a ready made pie crust and baked for about 20 minutes at 350. Easy and so hearty!
- Thanksgiving leftovers: turkey, green beans, gravy, corn, whatever you have
- Onion, chopped
- Baby carrots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- frozen peas
- Gravy (Leftovers if you have them)
- Ready made pie crusts
- Salt, pepper & onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Boil or steam carrots until soft.
- In cast iron skillet Saute onions, with peas and corn in butter until onions are clear.
- Add leftovers: I used chopped turkey, green beans and gravy. Stir to combine.
- Cover with a ready made pie crust and crimp edges, slit top for venting.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy!