7 Layer Cincinnati Chili Dip Recipe
A lot of my Cincinnati Bengals fans are pretty heartbroken to be out of the playoffs so I created a new Superbowl Dip Recipe that will help ease the pain! Nothing says Cincinnati like our sweet spicy chili, so instead of making the typical skyline dip with only three ingredients, I’ve taking it up a notch with a 7 layer dip. All the flavors came together great for a new take on an old favorite. I love cooking in the cast iron skillet and it was perfect to serve in!
Here are my ingredients, I used my new Zyliss manual food processor to dice the onions quick and easy! I used Cincinnati’s favorite chili, Skyline. Sometimes make my own Cincinnati chili, but I love using skyline my in dips. Use your favorite chili in the recipe. Feel free to leave an ingredient out that you don’t like or add one you love, this recipe can be adapted many different ways!
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8-10 oz black beans, juices drained
- 1 cup Cincinnati Chili, heated slightly
- 3/4 cup of shredded havarti cheese
- 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 sweet onions, diced
- handful of cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take a 7" cast iron skillet or other oven safe pan and spread cream cheese all along bottom.
- Sprinkle black beans over cream cheese.
- Spread chili over beans.
- Sprinkle havarti over chili.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Dice the onions using the Zyliss Manual Food Processor and sprinkle over dip.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Finish with cilantro & enjoy with chips.
Havarti Cheese: NOM
Sharp Cheddar Cheese, yes, more cheese
After it comes out the oven, top with cilantro.
Thanks to Zyliss for this cool product. I love it and have been using it nonstop! Want one? Check out my giveaway post coming up on Friday!DIG IN!