Came across this recipe on Instagram, and it was so simple and delicious! The buttery sauce is amazing. Give it a try!
- 4 chicken breasts or thighs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tsp chicken bullion powder
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- Pound chicken thin, to about 1/2 inch. Mix together flour, salt, pepper, and shredded Parmesan cheese. Dredge each piece thoroughly on each side, taking care to evenly coat.
- Heat olive oil and 3 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken to the oil, and cook 3 minutes on a side until golden brown. Remove chicken from pan and place in a warm oven (250 degrees) while the remaining chicken is cooked and sauce is prepared. Transfer the chicken to the warm oven.
- Reserve olive oil and butter in the skillet. Add the white wine (or chicken broth), capers, lemon juice, chicken bullion powder to the skillet and stir together while scraping up the browned bits. Simmer over medium heat, reduce by half. Melt in remaining 2 tbsp butter. Enjoy!
Huge thank you to https://thehouseandhive.com/chicken-piccata/ for this recipe!