I have always wanted to do an at home crab boil, quarantine pushed me to try it. Its really easy, and so delicious. Look how gorgeous it is!!!!
- 4 lemons, quartered, 2 for stock, 2 for serving
- 1 large onion, rough chop
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- zataran’s liquid crab boil
- Garlic powder
- onion powder
- old bay seasoning
- creole seasoning
- lemon pepper
- smoked paprika
- seasoning salt
- 4 sticks of butter (you can use more or less if you like)
- 3 tablespoons Minced garlic
- 2 lb red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 lb corn on cob, cut into small medallions
- 1-2 lbs of sausage, sliced into medallions (traditionally this is andouille, I used turkey kielbasa)
- 3-4 lobster tails
- 3-4 lbs snow Crab legs or 8-10 lbs king crab (or both)
- 3-4 lobster tails, removed from shell
- 3 lbs jumbo shrimp
- 6- dozen boiled eggs, optional
- Place lemons, onion, garlic in large stock pot. Fill pot with water (leaving 2-3 inches at top). Season pot liberally with all seasonings, don’t stop until the ancestors speak to you. Bring pot to boil.
- While the pot is coming to a boil, make butter sauce. In a separate sauce pan, melt butter, add minced garlic and season liberally with seasonings. Stir until well combined and turn off heat so butter doesn’t burn.
- Add potatoes and cook for 8 minutes or until fork tender.
- Add corn and sausage, cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add lobster tails and cook for 4 more minutes.
- Add crab legs and cook for 4 more minutes. Stir and moved all items around as needed.
- Add shrimp and eggs and cook for 3 more minutes. Once everything is finished, drain seafood mixture and pour into pans.
- Pour half of butter sauce over seafood mixture and stir to coat. Reserve the rest for dipping sauce while eating. Dig in and Enjoy!
I used a ton of seasoning for this recipe