Crockpot Chicken Wing Recipe
I have come across a ton of chicken wing recipes and typically am not impressed. This one is amazing because it finishes them in the oven so they still get a nice crisp to the skin. This is key! It was very delicious and I can’t wait to make these again!
- 2 lbs chicken wings, whole
- 1 can root beer
- seasonings: I used seasoning salt, pepper, onion powder and cajun seasoning.
- 2 cups bbq sauce, divided (i used sweet baby rays)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Place wings in slow cooker
- pour root beer over them
- Sprinkle liberally with seasonings.
- pour half of the bbq sauce over wings.
- turn slow cooker to low for 4-5 hours, or hight for 2-2 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Once wings have cooked, lay wings on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or foil.
- brush each with remaining bbq sauce, and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Place in oven for 8 to 10 minutes. If desired, broil for 2 minutes for a nice crisp.
- serve up and get those fingers sticky!