THE mac & cheese recipe!
I’m the designated person in my family to make mac & cheese. So no matter the function, I know what I’m bringing & that its going to be banging! I want to share my recipe, its really simple, but I don’t actually follow it, lol! If I get a chance to get down to Findlay market, I go crazy over different fresh cheeses to try. One of my faves is smoked mozzerella. I sometimes add different spices, namely onion and garlic powder to give it more kick, so each time its a little bit different, but it always comes out delicious!
- 4 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups mozzarella
- 4 cups cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9×13 dish.
- Cook macaroni, In salted water for 1-2 minutes less than instructions, or al dente. Be careful not to overcook. Drain.
- Place macaroni, butter, seasonings, milk, mozzarella and 3 cups of cheddar into dish and stir.
- Mix eggs in a bowl, then stir into the mixture.
- Cover with greased aluminum foil and cook for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and stir, then add last cup of cheddar. Bake uncovered for 15 more minutes. Enjoy!