This is an easy and great meal prep recipe. I love eating it over lettuce with tomatoes and sour cream, but you can switch this recipe up with your favorite toppings.
- 1.25 lbs ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Cooked rice
- Taco toppings; shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, cheese, avocado, olives, guacamole, sour cream, tomato, lime wedges, etc.
- cook the ground turkey with the salt & pepper until cooked through, Drain.
- Add the cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, oregano, paprika. Stir the mixture constantly for 1 minute while it cooks.
- Add in tomato sauce and a 1/2 cup of water and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil. Once boiling add the black beans and corn.
- Turn heat to medium and let simmer for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with rice and taco toppings.