Mediterranean Chicken Salad Recipe
Made this recipe for my Mom a while back. The marinade was delicious! This has to be one of the best salads I’ve ever made. All the flavors were vibrant and well balanced. I did need a bit more dressing, no biggie. This was an amazing meal prep recipe!
- for Marinade: 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon (1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cracked pepper , to taste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thigh fillets or breasts
- Salad: 4 cups Romaine lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1 large cucumber , diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes , diced
- 1 red onion , sliced
- 1 avocado , sliced
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives (or black olives), sliced
- Lemon wedges
- Whisk together all of the marinade/dressing ingredients in a large jug. Pour out half of the marinade into a large, shallow dish. Refrigerate the remaining marinade to use as the dressing later.
- Add the chicken to the marinade in the bowl; marinade chicken for 15-30 minutes (or up to two hours in the refrigerator if time allows).
- prepare all of the salad ingredients and mix in a large salad bowl.
- Once chicken is ready, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Grill chicken on both sides until browned and completely cooked through.
- Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes; slice and arrange over salad.
- Drizzle salad with the remaining UNTOUCHED dressing. Serve with lemon wedges.
Huge thank you to https://cafedelites.com/grilled-lemon-herb-mediterranean-chicken-salad-recipe/ it is amazing!