- 4 pounds of chicken, I used legs and thighs
- vegetables of your choice: I used mushrooms, asparagus, peppers, zucchini & squash
- 4 tbsp of garlic powder
- 4 tbsp of onion powder
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 2 tbsp dried mustard
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp creole seasoning
- 2 tsp seasoning salt
- Ranch dressing
- Wood Chips, I used hickory and peach
- Mix the spices together in a bowl.
- Wash chicken and Pat dry. Cover Chicken in ranch dressing (helps seasoning stick and keeps chicken from drying out on smoker. Got this tip from a serious griller from Memphis.
- wash & dry vegetables. Can put on skewers or smoke in pan (I did both).
- Sprinkle liberally with seasoning.
- Smoke chicken, using wood of choice, in a smoker set for 250F for approximately 2-3 hours. Flip halfway, cook until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Smoke vegetables for about an hour at 250, until heated through.
I never actually measure this out, I just shake until the ancestors whisper for me to stop, lol!
Secret ingredient: Ranch! Helps chicken stay moist while smoking. Don’t worry if you don’t like ranch, it doesn’t taste like it in the end. You can also use Italian dressing.