Eton mess. Made the meringues the other day just so I could try this. I’d never had it, but was intrigued by the fact that I’d never even heard of such a simple dessert. I swapped out the strawberries for blueberries & used low fat cool whip. It is so good, tastes like you’re eating sweet air, lol! This is one for the books!!!
“Eton mess is a traditional English dessert consisting of a mixture of strawberries, pieces of meringue and cream, which is traditionally served atEton College’s annual cricket game against the students of Winchester College”
- 3egg whites
- 3⁄4cup sugar
- Beat whites until very stiff.
- Gradually add sugar and keep beating until mixture forms peaks.
- Grease or spray, with cooking oil a large cookie sheet and put teaspoon amounts on to the sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Place in preheated 225 degree oven on the middle rack and bake for 30 minutes. Check to see if the center of the cookie is dry for doneness.
- If dry, remove from oven and bang sheet- the cookies should jump off the sheet!
Note: Do not brown! Thanks to http://www.food.com/recipe/bettys-easy-meringue-cookies-2-ingredients-133480#ixzz1lnepNKsc for the meringue recipe!
Layer the blueberries, meringue and cool whip for an awesome light treat!