Homemade Sauerkraut Recipe
My friend Emily shared this recipe with me. She is a nutritionist, and wrote the curriculum that I teach at CityLink Center. She was sharing how eating a spoonful of homemade sauerkraut is better for you than taking a probiotic. Fermented foods also improve digestion and gut health. Give this recipe a try and see how amazing you feel!
- 1 large head of cabbage (or about 4 cups shredded cabbage)
- 1 Tablespoon Sea salt
- Mason Jar
- Cut cabbage into shreds and place into a large bowl
- Add sea salt
- Massage together with your hands until the cabbage starts to become wet
- Place in mason jar, pour water into jar until cabbage is covered. Leave room for cabbage to expand.
- Cover with lid and sit on your counter for 4-7 days. The longer it sits out, the more sour it will get.
- Refrigerate, can keep for 9 months.