Smoked Chicken & Ribs Recipe
- 4 pounds of chicken, I used legs and thighs
- 4 tbsp of garlic powder
- 4 tbsp of onion powder
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 2 tbsp dried mustard
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- Hickory Chips
- Mix the spices together in a bowl.
- Wash chicken and Pat dry. Cover Chicken in ranch dressing (helps seasoning stick and keeps chicken from drying out on smoker. Got this tip from a serious griller from Memphis.
- Sprinkle liberally with seasoning.
- Smoke the wings, using hickory or wood of choice, in a smoker set for 250F for approximately 2-3 hours. Flip halfway, cook until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
I never actually measure this out, I just shake until the ancestors whisper for me to stop, lol!
Secret ingredient: Ranch! Helps chicken stay moist while smoking. Don’t worry if you don’t like ranch, it doesn’t taste like it in the end. You can also use Italian dressing.
Chicken smoking in electric smoker
Smoked to perfection!