Smoked Sausage and Rice One Skillet Recipe
An easy and delicious weeknight meal! I cooked my rice in the rice maker, so technically it wasn’t one skillet. If you use minute rice, you can get down to one skillet. I only make rice in the rice maker these days.
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 lb Smoked Sausage sliced ¼-inch thick, (I used turkey)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1½ cups cooked rice (I cooked mine in the rice maker)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add butter.
- Add the sliced smoked sausage and cook for about 5 minutes until sausage begins to brown.
- Add the broccoli and cover. Reduce heat to low and cook about 5 minutes more - stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked rice, and seasonings to the skillet, stir to combine.
- Add the shredded cheese and enjoy!
Adapted from https://www.allthingsmamma.com/smoked-sausage-rice-one-skillet-dinner/. Thanks!