Black bean quinoa burger recipe.
So beans and rice week at church has about turned me into a full fledged vegetarian!!! I fiened for a burger all week and this was my answer to staying with my pledge to aid other’s through sacrifice and having the burger I really wanted. I have to say that it was an interesting flavor. Topped with cheese and buttery bread, it was enough of a look-a-like that I was happy: #beansandriceweek continues!
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned dried breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small pot, bring 3/4 cup water to a boil. Add quinoa, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook until liquid is absorbed, 12 to 14 minutes; set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, pulse carrot until finely chopped. Add the scallions, garlic, beans, breadcrumbs, egg, cumin, salt, and pepper; pulse until combined but still slightly chunky. Stir in the cooked quinoa. The mixture will be crumbly, but you can feel free to add another egg if you feel like you need to help the mixture stick together better. Form into 4 even patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Carefully add the patties and cook until browned and crisp, about 8 minutes per side.
Thank you to http://www.andiemitchell.com/2012/01/04/loaded-quinoa-veggie-burgers/ for this recipe!