Whole Roasted Artichoke Recipe
It had been a while since I’d had a good whole artichoke. Here’s a really easy recipe to make on your own.
- whole artichoke, washed
- olive oil
- onion powder
- blackening seasoning, optional
- minced garlic
- Take a whole artichoke and chop off the top 1 1/2 inches and the stem.
- Get a large square of foil and spread about 1 tbsp olive oil on it. Place the artichoke in the center of the foil and pull apart the leaves.
- Sprinkle minced garlic in the leaves, then drizzle the top with some lemon juice and a little more olive oil.
- Sprinkle with seasonings
- Wrap the artichoke in the foil and bake in a shallow pan at 425 degrees for about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Melt butter and sprinkle more seasonings.
- Unwrap the roasted artichoke and pull off each leaf. Dip in butter then scrape the meaty bits off the flat edge with your teeth.
- In the center is the heart. Scrape the hairy-looking part off with a fork. The meaty part off the base is so good!
Thanks to Tablespoon for this recipe!