A easy fresh recipe. For HCG, sub the butter & oil for chicken broth. Love cooking spaghetti squash this way. Its a light and tasty recipe!
- 1 whole spaghetti squash, Cut in 1 inch rings (seeds removed)
- extra virgin olive oil spray
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, or 1 tablespoon ghee
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pounds large shrimp, shelled, peeled, deveined
- Salt, pepper, onion powder to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray with olive oil spray on the spaghetti squash. Season with salt and pepper. Place rings in a roasting pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes, depending on the size. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- While the spaghetti squash is cooling, make shrimp scampi. In a large skillet, melt butter with tablespoon olive oil. Sauté garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add lemon juice. Simmer for 2 minutes then add shrimp and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Season with additional salt, pepper and onion powder. Careful not to overcook the shrimp.
- Once the spaghetti squash has cooled, scrape around the edges of the squash using a fork to shred your “spaghetti”. Serve shrimp over spaghetti squash. Enjoy!