So I tried my hand at this recipe. I tried making the marinara. It was terrible, so I ended up using Jarred marinara, lololol! The meatballs however were delicious and I ate them over zoodles!!
- 1 lb Lean ground beef
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 cloves Crushed garlic
- 3 Melba toast crackers (made into crumbs)
- Sugar free marinara sauce
- 1/2 minced onion
- 3 zucchini (AP) zoodled with a spiralizer and steamed.
- Combine meat, crumbs and spices and mix thoroughly. Form into balls.
- Place into baking dish and cover with marinara sauce.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- While meatballs cook, steam zucchini for 10 minutes.
- Phase 3 modifications: Top with sliced provolone cheese or mozzarella cheese and bake until brown and bubbly. Top with grated Parmesan.
Thanks for this recipe http://www.hcgwarrior.com/recipe/baked-italian-meatballs/ !!!