Jarlsberg Smoked Sliders Recipe
Jarlsberg is a premium cheese, that has a unique nutty, mild flavor. It is delicious to eat by itself or worked into your favorite recipe. Can we talk about the joy I felt when a huge box of cheese arrived at my house?! There was the semi soft part skim in a wedge, deli sliced and my favorite: the naturally cold smoked semi soft part-skim cheese. Smoked cheese is a gift from above and this cheese is naturally lactose free. This is literally the only thing that has stood in the way of my eating cheese all day every day! If you are lactose intolerant, you have to try this cheese!
Since its summer, I’m outside grilling as much as possible. Jarlsberg naturally cold smoked semi soft cheese is the perfect addition to any burger. I kicked things up a notch by pressing the cheese inside the patty. The mellow hickory flavor was a heavenly flavor that burst through every bite of the burger. Creating sliders is one way to get the party started, just whip up a batch and pair them with Urban Artifact’s new Pickle beer. Its a gose, brewed with 1,000 lbs of cucumbers, 2 lbs of fresh dill 9 lbs of sea salt and 1.25 lbs of coriander per 30 BBL batch! It is tart and fresh and the buttery flavor of Jarlsberg pairs beautifully with Pickle!
- 1 Jarlsberg Smoked cheese
- 2 lbs Ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Seasoning Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons basil
- 2 Teaspoons yellow mustard
- 2 Teaspoons chili powder
- 1 Jar sandwich pickles
- Jarlsberg Sliced Semi soft cheese
- Spinach, tomatoes, honey Dijon mustard for toppings
- Hawaiian Roll Slider Buns
- Cut Jarlsberg cheese into squares.
- Add Worcestershire sauce to ground beef, mix well.
- Using your hands, roll ground beef into balls, pressing a square of Jarlsberg smoked cheese into each and cover completely.
- Combine all of the seasonings and sprinkle liberally on each side of the patties.
- Grill the stuffed patties on medium-high until they are cooked to your liking. We enjoy them medium well, so it took about 5 minutes on each side.
- To compile the sliders, start with a swirl of dijon mustard on the bottom bun, then topped with a pickle, the burger, then a slice of Jarlsberg semi soft cheese, fresh spinach leave and the top bun.
- Enjoy with a cold can of Pickle Gose!
Jarlsberg + Pickle Gose = Time to Party!
A melty, heavenly surprise in the center of each bite
Huge thank you to the Great Folks at Urban Artifact for a tour of their tap room and tasting of their beers. Do yourself a favor and check our their sour & fruity beers. Also be on the lookout for a future tasting of their Beer & Jarlsberg Cheese. A match made in heaven!