Healthier Fruit Pizza Recipe
Loved this crust made with oats, crushed cereal, coconut & maple syrup. No guilt if you want to eat this for breakfast!
- FOR THE CRUST 1 cup cereal flakes (I used Special K almond vanilla)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup sweetened fancy shred coconut
- 3/4- cup maple syrup (or honey)
- FOR THE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING 1 package (8 ounces) Cream Cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- FRUIT : Strawberry Slices, raspberries, Kiwi Slices, sliced Mango, Blueberries, or whatever fruit you prefer
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease a 9-inch pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine crushed cereal, oats, coconut and maple syrup; stir until completely blended.
- Using a buttered spatula or the bottom of a glass, press mixture into previously prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool if you are serving this later. If eating right away you can skip this.
- Combining cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in your mixer's bowl or food processor. Beat until completely blended and smooth.
- Spread frosting over crust.
- Place in the fridge for 10 minutes (if not eating right away)
- Arrange sliced fruits over frosting, pressing down slightly. Cut and serve.
- If serving later, refrigerate for 20 minutes, or until chilled.