Lasagna! I’ve been under the weather and pretty much slept today away. Once I woke up, I was starving! Cooking always makes me feel better, so I made lasagna for dinner. I didn’t want to eat anything too heavy, so I used ground turkey in the place of sausage (or beef). I also added grated carrots, buttered spinach, and fresh parsley to the recipe. It turned out amazing & so light!
- 1(9 ounce) box barilla no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 eggs
- 1(15 ounce) container ricotta
- 4cups shredded mozzarella
- 1⁄2cup parmesan
- 1lb ground beef or sausage, browned & drained
- 2 (24 ounce) jars pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In bowl, combine beaten eggs, ricotta cheese and TWO cups of the mozzarella cheese and parmesan.
- If you choose not to use the parmesan, just add more mozzarella.
- Set aside.
- In a 13X9X3 pan, spread 1 cup of sauce on bottom of pan.
- Layer in the order, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles (they will overlap), then 1/3 part of the ricotta cheese mixture, half the browned meat, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and 1 cup of spaghetti sauce.
- Next layer, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, 1/3 part of the ricotta cheese mixture, and 1 1/2 Cups sauce.
- Next layer, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, remaining ricotta mixture and remained meat, 1 cup of sauce.
- For top layer, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, remaining sauce, and remaining 1 cup mozzarella.
- Bake covered with foil for 50-60 minutes.
- Uncover and continue cooking until all the cheese is melted on the top (about 5 minutes).
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- If you are using a 13X9X2 pan—just make 3 layers to avoid boiling over.