Mark West Pinot Noir Grilled Marinated Tenderloin with Charred Onion Chimichurri
Just in time for Father’s Day, this recipe is a great way to spice up your BBQ! Its simple to make and pairs well with Mark West California Pinot Noir. Give this recipe a try, you will not be disappointed!
Mark West Pinot Noir Grilled Marinated Tenderloin
- 1 2-3 lb. center cut beef tenderloin, trimmed and tied with butcher twine
- 1 cup Mark West California Pinot Noir
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Mix together Mark West California Pinot Noir, olive oil, shallots and thyme. Place in zipper topped bag with tenderloin and marinate in refrigerate 4 hours. Remove and blot thoroughly with paper towels. Season liberally with salt and fresh black pepper.
- Heat grill to high heat.
- Place tenderloin on side of grill and cook until lightly browned on all sides, about 12 minutes. Slide roast to cooler side of grill, arranging so roast is about 7 inches from heat source.
- Cover and cook until beef registers 125 degrees, 50 minutes to 1 1/4 hours.
- Transfer roast to carving board, remove butcher twine, tent with aluminum foil, and let rest for 20 minutes. Discard twine and slice roast ½ inch thick. Top with chimichurri, serve and pair with Mark West California Pinot Noir.
Charred Maui Onion Chimichurri Recipe
1 maui onion, cut in 1 inch rounds (substitute with Vidalia onion if maui onion is unavailable)
1 cup flat leaf parsley
¼ cup fresh cilantro
2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ cup red wine vinegar
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
Salt and pepper
1. Heat grill to high heat. Char each side of onions over high heath until crisp and blackened, about 5-7 minutes a side.
2. In a food processor, add charred onions, parsley, cilantro, garlic and vinegar. Pulse until combined but still a bit course, about 10 pulses.
3. Add in red pepper and slowly drizzle in oil and pulse about 5 more times. Season to taste and set aside to meld. Can be made up to 3 days in advance.