Easy Cranberry Sauce Recipe
This is an easy recipe, perfect for Thanksgiving or anytime as a topping on a turkey sandwich.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 16 ounce bag fresh cranberries
- 2 mandarins, with skin, chopped fine or ground in food processor.
- n a large, heavy saucepan, add sugar, water and cinnamon and ginger and mandarins..
- Cook, stirring often, until sugar dissolves, syrup is clear and comes to a rolling boil, about 3 minutes.
- Rinse and pick over the cranberries to remove any mushy ones.
- Add cranberries to boiling syrup and continue cooking, uncovered, just until they begin to pop, about 2-5 minutes .
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature, uncovered.
- Cover and store in the fridge for up to 3 months.
I cut of the ends and ground the entire mandarins in a food processor
Cranberries going in!
Sauce coming out!