Steak-Frites recipe with Homemade french fries
So one of the really cool things I got for Christmas was a potato cutter, and as it claimed, it made some of the most perfect fries. I was able to make a ton in no time. While I typically would bake them, we were on break, so I fried them *gasp* They were so very amazing that the cheat was worth it! I made steak frites and it was an epic meal. I can’t believe how much time I’ve wasted cutting up potatoes over the years. I also wanted to share this article on the 31 Science-Backed Health Benefits of Steak, just in case you needed some convincing of how awesome steak is!
- 4 large Potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 quarts canola oil
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Steak seasoning
- 1 16 oz Ribeye
- Wash the potatoes, stamp out the fries with you trusty new french fry maker.
- Rinse the potatoes in plenty of cold water until all of the excess starch has been washed away. Then drain on paper towels.
- In a large pot or deep fryer, heat canola oil. Working in batches, fry the potatoes for 4 to 5 minutes or unit they just start turning a very light golden color.
- Drain the potatoes on paper towels while you finish the rest.
- Working in batches again, fry the potatoes for another 2 to 3 minutes until deep golden brown and crispy.
- Drain on paper towels and season with salt, pepper, and italian seasoning.
My instructions to Cook the Perfect Steak are spelled out here. I sliced the steak after it rested and served over the fries. Of course my husband still doused the steak in A1 and the fries in ketchup, gotta love him.
I adapted this recipe from the good folks at Wagyu Here! You are the real MVP.