3 ingredient biscuits.
Made these Christmas morning and they were pretty simple. I doubled the recipe and they turned out amazing! I do not have a pastry cutter, so I used the food processor, do what works best for you!
- 2 cups self-rising flour, plus flour for board
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- ¾ cup buttermik
- Preheat oven to 475º F.
- Lightly coat rimmed baking sheet or cast iron skillet. Set aside.
- Add flour and butter to a food processor. pulse only 3 times. There should be pea sized globs of butter
- add flour mixture to a mixing bowl and Slowly pour in buttermilk and stir gently until just combined. Don't overmix.
- Pour biscuit dough onto a floured board or countertop. Gently pat or roll to about ½-inch thick. Cut out biscuits (I used a cup). Place biscuits into skillet or on baking sheet pan, leaving about an inch between biscuits to allow them to rise and cook fully.
- Place in preheated oven and bake about 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy!