Happy National Tartar Sauce Day!!!
What a more perfect way to celebrate than to make this Big Boy Pizza? I love a good big boy and I love pizza. This is the perfect marriage of both! This recipe was not only fun to make, it was delicious. I added my own spin with bacon and even french fries to get crazy. You have to try it and you can add whatever toppings that you want.
- 1/2 cup Frisch's Tartar sauce
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and cut into small pieces
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 3 oz. Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Seasoning Salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 Pizza Crust of your choice
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- For garnish Pickles, Shredded lettuce, french fries, etc.
- Cook pizza crust according to package instructions.
- Brown the ground beef, crumbling into small pieces. Drain fat and return to skillet. Season with seasoning salt, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper.
- Add the pizza sauce (add more if you want it saucier) and simmer on low heat for 5-10 minutes. Top crust with ground beef mixture and crumbled bacon. Cover with shredded cheese and place oven at 350 until cheese melts.
- Top with pickles, lettuce and fries (optional).
Here’s the original recipe on Frisch’s website:
Top with beef mixture & bacon (not shown)
Top with cheese!
Top with Lettuce & fries if you are feeling crazy!
Here’s the awesome photo taken by the pro!