- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 half pints water
- 2 tbsp+1 tsp chicken bouillon powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano• 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cups diced bell peppers
- 2 cups diced onions
- 1 cup diced celery
- 4 cups shredded roasted chicken (can use rotisserie)
- 8-12 large shrimp peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1lb smoked sausage sliced
1. On medium heat in large stock pot, brown oil and flour until cocoa brown in color (about 12-18 minutes stirring constantly).
2. Add onions, celery, peppers, spices and sausage to pot and sauté until the vegetables are slightly browned. Add water and chicken bouillon powder to pot stirring constantly and cooking on medium low heat.
3. Finally add chicken and shrimp and stir for a few minutes (gently, being careful not to break up chicken in to small of pieces). Cover pot with lid and turn off heat. Let rest for about 10-15 minutes, stir.