Chicken and Green Bean Casserole Recipe
This is truly a comfort food recipe. I’d had a taste for stuffing, maybe its all this talk of thanksgiving. It was pretty easy to throw together and bake up and my husband devoured it. I really loved how the sauce came together. I’d seen similar recipes with cream of chicken soup, or sour cream mixes, but this one was far better!
- 1 – 6 oz package stuffing mix
- 1 TB butter
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- peppper, seasoning salt, onion & garlic powder, creole seasoning
- 1/2 lb green beans, trimmed, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 5 oz Cream Cheese, cubed
- Prepare stuffing according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter on medium heat. Add chicken and season liberally.
- Cook for 5 minutes on each side, until chicken is cooked through. slice chicken & Place chicken in a sprayed 9×13 baking dish.
- In the same skillet, add beans, season and saute for about 6 minutes, or until beans are crisp-tender.
- Sprinkle with flour and stir for an additional minute.
- Stir in broth and let simmer for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Spoon over chicken and top with stuffing.
- Bake uncovered at 400 for 30 minutes or until heated through.