Happy National Wine Day! I’m celebrating on FOX 19 with a television Appearance showcasing Tandoor Chef & a tasty Suran Recipe.
Watch Me Live at 10:45am!
Tandoor Chef is a quality innovation leader, providing exotic flavors and meal experiences rooted in the convenience of the frozen food section. I will be sharing different ethnic food and wine pairings incorporating Tandoor Chef and Tandoor Chef’s Wine Pairing Tool. I tried this Suran recipe with Chardonnay. The light buttery taste paired perfectly with this spicy dish!
- 14 oz suran (or sweet potatoes)
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- 2 1/2 cups onion slices
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Fresh cilantro to taste
- Salt to taste
- Apply salt to the suran & deep fry until tender. (I chose to saute instead)
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry onions until tender.
- Add Turmeric powder & red chili powder and sautè for a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and salt to taste. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes stirring in between.
- Add suran & coriander powder and mix all the ingredients well.
- Cover & cook for 5 minutes, stirring in between.
- Chop cilantro to preference, mix chopped cilantro and remove from heat.
- Garnish with finely additional chopped cilantro.
Try a Tandoor Chef meal today:
My fav is the garlic naan: it was so fresh and delicious!
Check them out and check out these other great pairings from around the world:
Shiraz, a powerful red wine, pairs well with Kofta Curry.
Pinot Noir, a classic red wine, pairs well with Enchiladas.
Pinot Gris, which typically goes well with heavy dishes, pairs well with Chicken Curry.