Simple Energy Bites Recipe.
I had been looking for a great on the go snack that was not only good, but good for me. This one is easy to throw together quickly and transports well in small containers. I often add a bit more oatmeal in order to beef them up.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or substitute peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed (I use whole)
- 1/3 cup of sliced almond, optional
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Roll out teaspoon sized balls and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Freeze until set about one hour. Enjoy and keep leftovers in a Ziploc bag in fridge or freezer.
- Makes about 20-24 energy bites.