Slow Cooker Chicken Gnocchi Soup (Olive Garden Copy Cat) Recipe
Made this recipe for my Huddle temple night at Church and I didn’t even get any because folks were scraping the freaken bowl! It was really that good and I didn’t even follow the recipe and wilt the spinach like I was supposed to. I did however spill it all in my car for an epic fail food transport moment, which I used my husband’s thermal to clean it up. Should probably get my life and keep a towel handy, lolololol!
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken (I used thighs)
- 2 cups chopped onions, celery, and carrots
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 12 ounce cans evaporated milk
- 2 1lb. packages mini potato gnocchi
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- Place the chicken, veggies, seasonings and broth in a crockpot or slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours (or high for 3-4 hours) Shred the chicken once cooked through.
- Scoop some of the soup out of the cooker and add the cornstarch to it, stirring until cornstarch is fully dissolved before pouring back into slow cooker.
- Add in evaporated milk and gnocchi. Stir and cover.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and fry until crispy. Drain on paper towels and wipe most of the bacon grease out of the pan, leaving just a little bit for the spinach/garlic.
- Add the garlic and saute for one minute. Add the spinach and stir until wilted. Remove from heat. Add the bacon and spinach to the crockpot. Stir to combine. Taste and add additional seasoning as needed.
- Add any additional chicken broth when reheating as needed.
Thanks to http://pinchofyum.com/crockpot-chicken-gnocchi-soup for this recipe!!!