Slow cooked pork & Cubans recipe.
Ever have those times when you can’t settle on dinner for you and the family? I’m not about cooking two meals, but I have found one way to give the Mr what he loves and eat what I love with minimal effort. Cooked a pork roast in the slow cooker, then created two separate meals that left us both satisfied!
- 3-4 lb pork roast
- 3 tbs crushed garlic
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 cups of broth (I used smoked turkey from my freezer)
- put the pork in a slow cook, top with broth and spices and cook on low for 8 hours.
- For over rice, I shredded the pork and served over hot buttered rice.
- For the Cuban sandwiches, I cut the pork into slices after it had rested 20 minutes
- Then buttered two slices of bread, and topped the pork with 2 pickle slices, ham, and provolone cheese, then grilled on each side for about 2-3 minutes.
Beautiful roasted crockpot pork
Shredded and served over rice for me.
Sliced for the sandwiches, it was falling apart, but that means its cooked perfectly.
Loaded up with bacon, pickles, provolone and toasted to perfection for my King.