Chicken Stock & Bone Broth recipe
Bone broth is so good for you and its easy to make! Drinking it aids digestion and helps to heal your body from the inside out.
- Bones from a whole chicken (can use leftover bones and skin from a rotisserie chicken)
- Vegetables: use whatever you have on hand, I typically use celery stalks, onions, and peppers
- 3 cloves of garlic smashed and peeled
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Fresh or dried herbs (use whatever you have on hand, I like thyme and rosemary)
- Cold water covering the bones
- 2 bay leave (optional)
Place the chicken bones into a large stock pot, and cover with water.
Add the veggies, herbs and apple cider vinegar.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to the lowest setting.
Partially cover and simmer for at least 5 hours.
Strain and store in the refrigerator.
Strained and placed in freezer