Smothered Pork Chop Recipe
This is one of my fav pork chop recipes. I try not to fry food so much anymore, so I don’t make it as much, but sometimes you just need some good ol stick to your bones smothered pork chops!
- 1 package of pork chops
- seasoned salt
- onion & Garlic powder
- blackening seasoning
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Rinse & pat dry pork chops, then season liberally and set aside
- Place flour in large bowl and lightly salt and pepper
- Coat the chops with the seasoned flour and set aside
- In large skillet or frying pan, heat vegetable oil, until it sizzles
- Add pork chops and fry until brown on each side, don't crowd the pan
- Remove pork chops, rest on paper towels. Pour out all but about 3 teaspoons of oil
- Add about 5 teaspoons of the seasoned flour to pan
- Over reduced heat, brown the flour, stirring constantly in the left-over oil, scraping browned bits from bottom of pan
- Slowly add 1 cup of water to pan, stirring constantly until you have a smooth gravy. Add additional seasonings as needed.
- Return fried chops back into pan with gravy, reduce and simmer for about 20 to 25 minutes, turning chops occasionally.
- Let stand 10 minutes and serve over hot rice.