Veggie Lasagna Recipe
An adaptation on my Mom’s poor man’s lasagna recipe.
- 1 head broccoli, cut up & steamed
- olive oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 squash, sliced
- 1 handful mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups of mozzarella
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 12 oz of fettuccine noodles, cooked according to package
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Saute onion, zucchini, squash and mushrooms until tender in olive oil
- Mix in the tomato sauce & broccoli; season with salt, pepper, garlic powder & onion powder.
- Beat the cream cheese in a bowl until smooth. Stir in sour cream & one cup of mozzarella.
- Pour a little of the sauced veggies in the bottom of the baking dish, then Layer with half the cooked noodles & half the cheese mixture (Drop the cheese mixture in spoonfuls and spread out). Repeat these layers, ending with the sauced veggies on top, then finish with the rest of the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the casserole is bubbly, about 40 minutes.