Steel Cut Oats Recipe
Slow Cooker Steel Cut Oats Recipe
- about 3 cups chopped apple
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked steel-cut oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- a generous pour of syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into 5-6 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Coat inside of slow cooker with cooking spray. Add all ingredients to slow cooker and stir.
- Cook on low, covered for 7 hours.
- Spoon oatmeal into bowls & enjoy. Store leftovers in refrigerator. Freezes well. Makes breakfast for the week.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute to reheat, stir. Then cook for another minute, or until hot.
I have never even seen steel cut oats before!!!