Hash brown casserole Recipe.
I’ve been wanting to make this forever. Finally tried out a recipe. Swapped out the bacon for ham, and had to cook for an hour, which left me less than pleased….but this dish was worth the wait!
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes (about 1 package), thawed.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 8 strips of bacon, cooked & diced
- 1+ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 tsp oregano
- In a greased 8x8 baking dish, layer half of thawed hashbrowns, chopped onion, bacon and cheese. Repeat layers until ingredients are in the dish, finishing with cheese
- In a small bowl whisk egg. Add milk, seasonings, and pour over hashbrown mix.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes, then uncover and brown. When the casserole is done, a knife through the center of the casserole will come out clean.