Macaroni & Cheese Cupcakes Recipe.
This was a great way to make individual cups of mac & cheese and the cook time is much quicker then my usual recipe. I adapted it from one I found on Pinterest. It was funny my friends and family thought these were actually cupcakes! Great flavor and pretty simple to throw together.
- 8 oz Elbow Macaroni
- 6 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 oz mozzarella
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- seasoning salt
- Onion powder
- garlic powder
- 3/4 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp melted Butter
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place liners in a muffin pan and spray with cooking spray.
- Cook the macaroni according to the package directions.
- Drain and return to the pan.
- Add the cheeses, 2 tablespoons of butter and seasonings, stir until melted.
- Whisk together the cornstarch, egg and milk, pour over the macaroni and mix.
- Fill each cup with macaroni mixture.
- Combine the melted butter and breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Divide crumb mixture evenly over each muffin cup.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Thank you to Raining Hot Coupons for this recipe.