Italian Turkey bake Recipe
I love how quickly this hearty dish comes together. The fresh herbs add a great flavor, but dried will do just fine in a pinch. This is an easy recipe that make it look like you really know what you’re doing in the kitchen!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 4 cups cooked pasta
- 2 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (divided)
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large pan, heat the oil over medium-heat and add onion, garlic. Saute until onions have softened, about 4 minutes. Crumble in the ground turkey and cook until the turkey is browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in the pasta, marinara sauce, parsley and 1 cup of the cheese. Spoon the pasta mixture into the prepared dish.
- Sprinkle remaining basil and 1/2 cup of cheese on top and the Parmesan cheese too.
- Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 20 minutes.