Pre Baby Freezer Meals
Back before I had my twins, I made some freezer meals. It was a way of having meals ready for when I wouldn’t be able to cook. I am so glad I did. I wasn’t able to cook for several weeks, because I ended up having a c-section, and thankfully my Mom brought us food!
- 1 pound dry penne pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef (season with pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and minced garlic)
- 2 jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 7-8 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Drain.
- Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray 2 8×8 inch pans with non-stick cooking spray. Layer as follows in each pan: 1/4 of the ziti, 1/4 of the sauce, 4 slices of Provolone cheese, 1/2 of sour cream, 1/4 of ziti, 1/4 mozzarella cheese and 1/4 of sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 15 ounces drain and rinse Black Bean salsa
- 1 cup drain Whole Kernel Corn, Canned
- ½ cups Salsa
- 1 teaspoon Cumin & Chili powder
- ½ cups Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 2 cups chicken, roasted with 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes, seasoned w/ pepper, onion & garlic powder
- In a large mixing bowl, combine rice, beans, corn, salsa, and cumin.
- Divide among indicated number of baking pans and top with cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil. Label and freeze.
- Bake from frozen at 350 for 1 hour or until cheese is melted and rice is warmed through.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 20 oz lean ground beef
- Green pepper, chopped
- 2 T Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Thyme
- 2 tsp cumin
- frozen corn
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauceDirections
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9X13 baking dish with EVOO, set aside.
- Cook rice per instructions. Set aside
- In a 12” pan, add ground beef, peppers and garlic breaking it up as it browns. Cook for 8 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.
- Add seasonings. Stir to combine. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Remove from heat – add rice, tomato sauce, corn, & 1/4 cup of cheese to the skillet and stir to mix well.
- Pour mixture into baking dish. Top with remaining Cheddar, cover, and freeze.
- To cook while frozen, cover with foil & bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil & bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted & edges are bubbling. Remove from oven & let cool for 10 minutes.
I made one for the freezer & we ate the second one for dinner. This is amazing eaten with Doritos.