- 2 cans Crescent Rolls
- 1 cup blueberry pie filling or homemade pie filling
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese at room temp.
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp softened butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
- Optional: To create my homemade pie filling, crush a half a cup of blueberries with 1/4 cup of water (I used the food processor) sprinkling in 1 tablespoon of sugar. Stir in remaining half cup of blueberries whole.
- Leave crescent dough rolled up, cut the dough into 8 slices, about 3/4 inch thick.
- Place each dough slice on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Flatten out each circle and press centers with a finger or a measuring cup to make a well for the filling.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of cream cheese mixture onto each danish.
- Add a teaspoonful of blueberry filling
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 17 minutes. or until lightly golden brown.
- In a small bowl, stir together confectioners’ sugar, milk and butter.
- Take the danish out of the oven and allow them to cool for 10-15 minutes. Drizzle with icing and enjoy!