Sheet pan steak and veggies
I love steak. I cook it a lot, but I’ve never broiled it. I was courious and I love a good sheet pan meal! Aldi had run out of broccoli (random) so I subbed Brussels sprouts and I’m glad I did. It gave it a more rich flavor, and my husband even didnt mind them in this recipe. I couldnt find flank, so I used sirloin. One big steak was cheaper than buying individual steaks. Why hadnt I tried this sooner?!? I used an orange pepper and I added montreal steak seasoning to the steak and broiled everything for 5 additional minutes because the steak was med rare after the 2 seven minute intervals. So easy and delicious. I loved that cooking over 2 lbs of steak meant having enough for dinner for both of us with good sized portions and 2 meal prep lunches 👌🏽😃
- 2 Pounds of Flank Steak
- 2 Pounds of Small Red Potatoes
- 2 Cups of Broccoli (or brussels sprouts, steamed)
- 1 Medium Onion, sliced
- 1 Red Pepper, cut into cubes
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon of dried oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to "high" in broil mode.
- Add cooking spray (or olive oil) to sheet pan.
- Separately boil the potatoes with salt for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cloves of garlic, the olive oil, the cumin, the oregano, and salt and pepper. Mix well and add the broccoli (or brussels sprouts), the onions, the red pepper and boiled potatoes and then add to the sheet pan.
- Season the flank steak with pepper, salt, and the rest of the garlic, and add to the sheet pan.
- Cook in the broiler for 7 minutes and then flip the meat and continue cooking on broil for 7 more minutes until cooked to your desired level of doneness.
- For medium plus, I cooked for 5 minutes more.