Surprisingly amazing spin on a classic: sausage Alfredo pasta.
It’s a simple recipe and I added steamed broccoli, pepper, onion & garlic powder, and a handful of mozzarella to thicken the sauce. That sounds like a lot of additions for a 5 ingredient recipe, but it made for an amazing hearty meal!
- 1 PKG. Smoked Sausage, diagonally cut into 1/4” slices
- 8 OZ. pasta, cooked, drained
- 1 CUP heavy cream
- 2 TSPS. Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 CUP grated Parmesan cheese
- PREPARE pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- SAUTE sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- ADD cream and Cajun seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer gently for 3-4 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat, stir in Parmesan cheese. Add pasta to sauce and toss.