Fiordifrutta Organic Fruit Spread Strawberry Crumb Bar Recipe
I was sent this organic spread from Rigoni Di Asiago to try out a recipe using it. I love strawberry spread, so I enjoyed this on toast, but I had a taste for a crumb bar, and this spread was perfect for that! They turned out great, I cheated and threw everything into my ninja, but you can mix it up in a mixing bowl if you’d like. This recipe wasn’t too sweet, so I was able to eat these for breakfast as well as a dessert. I highly recommend trying out this spread!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Rigoni di Asiago strawberry spread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 by 8-inch baking dish with aluminum foil. Grease foil.
- Drop dry ingredients into food processor. Add butter & pulse until well mixed.
- Add 2 cups of the oat mixture to the prepared baking dish and press into an even layer. Spread strawberry spread into an even layer over oat layer, coming within 1/4-inch of all edges. Sprinkle top evenly with remaining oat mixture, then slightly press into strawberry layer.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 34 - 38 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container.