Biscuit Braid Recipe
This was a really easy recipe, and I love how beautiful it looks. My husband said he thought I should make this with crescent dough, but I thought the biscuits gave it a light and fluffiness the crescents wouldn’t. I love that he had an opinion about what kind of dough to use, lolol! That’s progress.
- 1 can of biscuits
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a standard baking sheet with parchment paper.
- lay out biscuits in long line on baking sheet and press together seams
- Whisk together the eggs, sour cream salt and black pepper.
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a skillet and soft scramble the eggs.
- Arrange the scrambled eggs down the center of the dough. Sprinkle with the bacon crumbles and shredded cheese.
- Cut diagonal strips to within ¼ inch of the filling on both sides. Fold the strips over each other.
- Shape and smooth with your hands, pinching any tears in the dough together.
- Bake for 25 minutes broiling within the last few minutes to brown, if desired.
- Cut into slices and serve