My cousin requested I make a taco salad similar to the one my mother n law makes. She makes it for my husband and we all love it. Instead of asking her to make it, I asked her what was in it and recreated it. She told me what was in it, and It was pretty simple to make.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 packets of taco seasoning
- 2 cups fresh Diced tomatoes
- Taco sauce, about 1 cup
- 15 oz of sour cream
- 2 Romain hearts, washed dried and chopped
- 3 cups of Mexican blend cheese
- Brown ground beef and drain oil. Add seasonings and 1 cup of water and bring to boil. Lower heat and Simmer out all water. Let cool.
- Spread taco meat into 9×13 pan, then top with diced tomatoes. Pour taco sauce all over. I added a bit of salsa as well.
- Top with sour cream, then top with chopped lettuce. Finish with cheese and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with Doritos or tortilla chips.
The turned out amazing! It was so easy and and together quickly. Everyone devoured it, so next time I’ll double the recipe!