Mexican rice recipe.
Mexican Rice Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1/2 whole Large Onion, Chopped
- 2 cups Long Grain Rice
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 can Rotel Diced Green Chilies And Tomatoes (10 Ounce Can)
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz. size) Whole Tomatoes
- 2 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth (more If Needed)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin (more To Taste)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add rice and garlic. Stir constantly, making sure the rice doesn’t burn. Cook over low heat for 3 minutes. Add Ro-tel and tomatoes. Stir to combine and let cook for 2 minutes. Finally, add broth and stir together. Add some kosher salt and a good teaspoon of cumin--—more if you love cumin flavor! Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 to 15 additional minutes or until rice is done. Add more liquid as needed; rice shouldn’t be sticky.
- Just before serving, sprinkle lots of freshly chopped cilantro over the top. Serve immediately.
This is a very simple recipe to serve as a side to many different other dishes. It makes a ton, so I like to mix it in with a few different things. taco salad, nachos or with a quesadilla.