Cheesy Broccoli Orzo Casserole
I live for a good broccoli casserole. I wanted to switch things up today, so instead of rice, I used orzo. Its a rice like pasta, but it has a much creamier texture. Mixed with the cheese, it made for an amazing creamy meal. I paired this with roasted salmon and it made for a crazy delicious meal.
- 1 1/2 lb broccoli, steamed
- 2 cups of cooked orzo (1 cup uncooked)
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar
- 1 cream of chicken soup
- milk, same amount as soup
- pepper, onion & garlic powder & blackening seasoning to taste (I didn't add any salt, b/c the soup has plenty
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix milk and soup together well. Then mix in broccoli, orzo 1 cup of cheese and seasonings and seasons.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Top with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes, remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes.