Easy Baked Buttered Tilapia Recipe.
I found this recipe years ago when I was trying to eat more fish, introduced it to my Husband (he was my man friend back then, lol) to it. He loved it so much, that we’ve been eating it every other week ever since. Such a light and simple dinner.
- 4 tilapia fillets
- Salt and pepper
- onion powder
- 1 cup soft fresh bread crumbs (throw about 3-4 pieces of bread into a chopper)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- Heat oven to 400°. Lightly grease a large shallow baking dish.
- Arrange fish fillets on the prepared baking pan and sprinkle with salt, onion powder and pepper. Combine the butter with the basil and toss with the bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumbs over the tilapia fillets.
- Bake the fish fillets for 15 to 18 minutes, or until fish is cooked through.
- Broil for 2 to 3 minutes to brown the topping. Fish will flake easily with a fork when done.
- Carefully remove the fillets to plates with a spatula.
Got this recipe from http://southernfood.about.com/od/tilapiarecipes/r/r71228b.htm!