Easy Cheesy Asparagus Tortellini Bake Recipe
Tried a new recipe and tweaked it quite a bit. It was an interesting combination, but I really enjoyed how all the flavors came together. If you try it out, let me know how you like it!
- 15 oz heavy cream
- 1 (15-oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups mozzarella, divided
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 (24 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini, uncooked
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and chopped
- onion, garlic powder to taste
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, or whatever cheese you have on hand (I used colby)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Add asparagus to a pot of well-salted, boiling water. Cover and let boil for 2-3 minutes. Drain water. Stir in the heavy cream, drained tomatoes, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, bacon and seasonings and mix well. Stir in tortellini and cover with sauce.
- Pour the mixture into a oven safe casserole dish. Snap off the woody ends of the asparagus, discard, and chop the rest into bite-size pieces.*
- Sprinkle another 1 cup of mozzarella over the top, then sprinkle the 1/4 cup Parmesan.
- Bake in the middle rack of the preheated oven for about 30 minutes.